Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sorry

There is really not much to be said
When there's something you wish you could forget;
It's almost as if my heart had bled
And filled itself with fear and regret.
I'm sorry I hurt you, my friend so dear,
With careless words tinged with scorn;
Losing your friendship is my one great fear;
Yet, I guess it's what I earn for your feelings torn.
No, I don't have the right to ask for your smile,
Especially not after the grief I've caused you tonight;
I know "sorry" isn't enough by a mile,
But try as I may, it's the only word I can think of that's right.

'Blog will explain,' that was what you said.
You were right; I read it and wished I was dead.


3 comments:

Liz said...

Sounds awful. :(

But don't worry. Ask for forgiveness, that's all you can do. And pray that the other person will forgive you one day.

K.P. Fern said...

sometimes sorry reli doesn't seem like enough. but once you mean it, you are forgiven by the most important person-God. Have trust in that =)And i'm sure that in time the other party would forgive you too

HopeDreamsLove said...

I think this is an amazing piece you have written. Sometimes, it is good to talk to that person face to face.
P.S: Keep playing the piano; I love listening you play.